HISTORY OF LGBTQ+ WOMEN'S FASHION AND STYLE RESEARCH PROJECT
- Understand LGBTQ+ women's experiences with how they dress today and in the past.
Understand how sexuality has influenced LGBTQ+ women's clothing and style today and in the past.
COMPENSATION $40 cash
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Find pictures (digital or print) of yourself from throughout your life that highlight your clothing and style. The participant will look for pictures prior to the interview, and then discuss them with researcher during the interview (up to 1 hour).
C omplete an audio- and/or video-recorded, interview about your clothing, style, and appearance throughout your life in person or on video chat (up to 2 hours).
- We prefer that you are close to where you store your clothes, because we will ask you to show us garments and accessories and answer questions about them.
- We ask that you will bring the photographs you found to the interview to share and discuss them.
- We ask that you allow the reseachers to photograph some of your garments, accessories, and photos after the interview or you take photos of your garments, accessories, and photos and send via email after the interview for use in publication (up to 30 minutes ).
Possibly participate in a follow-up interview to clarify answers from interview (up to 30 minutes).
- Age 30+
- Identify in the LGBTQ+ community
- Identify as a woman (including trans, cisgender, and non-binary women)
- Live or lived in the Midwest.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
If you are interested, we'd be glad to send you more information. Please contact Kelly L. Reddy-Best, Assistant Professor in Apparel Merchandising and Design at email@example.com or 401-793-1437 (text or call). Or message us through our Facebook page.
- Kelly Reddy-Best, Assistant Professor in Apparel, Merchandising, and Design
- Eulanda Sanders, Professor and Chair of Apparel, Events, and Hospitality Management
- Dana Goodin, PhD student in Apparel, Merchandising, and Design
View the official consent form below for more details. The research team will provide you a hard copy to sign at the first interview.
Please share our flyer if you know anyone who might be interested!